8 Reasons to Foster an Animal...
If you’d like to make a big impact on homeless animals, consider becoming a foster family. The ability to provide a temporary home to a shelter animal in need is an immensely rewarding experience.
- Comfortable Home: Some animals don’t do well in a shelter environment. They may be elderly or frightened of the smells and sounds. These animals have a much greater chance of being adopted if they’re placed in a home environment and are given some TLC.
- Free veterinary care & food: We provide veterinary care should the animal require it, food and other supplies if needed.
- Companionship: Fostering an animal can be a rewarding experience for anyone of any age.
- Learning opportunity: You’ll be able to learn about behavior, grooming and social interactions as you spend time with your foster pet.
- Help With adoptive match-making: You’ll learn the little details about the animals personality, and be able to pass that along to the family looking to adopt your foster pet.
- Playmate for your other critters: If you already have a dog or cat, fostering can provide your pet with a companion and playmate.
- Great experience for children: Fostering teaches children about compassion and generosity.
- Allow shelters to help one more animal: You are making room for another animal in need at the shelter. One more open run or kennel means one less to turn away. Fostering means that you save a life.